Dog Ice Popsicles
Dog popsicles are a delicious and safe frozen treat your pup can enjoy during the warmer months. There pupsicles will help your pooch cool down on a hot day and are made with just a few everyday ingredients that are healthy for dogs to enjoy in moderation.
- Popsicle Mould
- 1 Cup Frozen Banana Slices
- 1 Cup Frozen Strawberry Slices
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 4 Dog Biscuits these form the "stick" for the popsicle
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until it forms a smoothie-like consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into popsicle moulds
- Freeze for 30 minutes, then put the dog biscuits into each mould and pop back into the freezer until solid (at least 6 hours).
- Let your pup enjoy whenever
- If you’re dog doesn’t react well to Greek yoghurt, simply add a little bit of water instead and blend. You’ll still get a thick smoothie-like consistency.
- I use the cup attachment for our blender to make these but you can use your regular blender too. You may find you need to blend for awhile for the ingredients to come together nicely. I usually give my a few shakes during this process too. If it really isn’t blending down, you can add a little more Greek yoghurt or some water in to thin it out.
- Don’t have popsicle moulds? Just use an ice cube tray instead. In fact, ice cube tray size may be better for smaller dogs.
- Don’t have dog biscuits to use as the “popsicle sticks”? I sometimes use the sticks that came with our popsicle moulds, but just be aware that you’ll need to watch your dog eat it’s popsicle so it doesn’t bite or ingest it. If you’re holding the popsicle for them this really shouldn’t be an issue.
- Trying to remove your pupsicle from it’s mold and it won’t budge? Run it under a little warm (not hot) water until it releases.
- Pupsicles are MESSY! Let your dog enjoy them on the grass to avoid stains or messes.
- Source: Cookitrealgood.com
[…] Puppy Popsicles […]