A dog bite is not the rarest thing. Through growls and snarls, your dog will warn you. Whether you’ve ignored those signs and got bitten or you’ve simply got caught accidentally while playing with your dog.
What to do:
- Wash: Using mild soap and warm tap water, run the wound under the running water for 5-10 minutes.
- Stop Bleeding: Using a cloth, slow/stop the bleeding.
- Apply antibiotic cream: Apply an over-the-counter antibiotic cream to the wound.
- Wrap: Wrap the wound in a sterile bandage.
- See your Doctor: Visit your doctor, keeping the wound bandaged.
- Change: Change the bandage a few times a day.
- Follow your Doctor: Follow your doctor’s advice.