For some breeds this is a hard task. Why they won’t is a natural reason. It is mainly hard to train dogs which are street dog breeds or an adopted dog.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED-
- Pee mats
- Pee sprays.
- Harness (avoid collars for walks as it may hurt the dog) ( don’t put in collars at all for Maltese or Shitzu preferably for dogs with long hair because their fur gets knotted).
- Find an open space.
THINGS TO DO-
- Wait for your dog to start to pee on the floor then pick him/her up and put him/her on the pee mat.
- Then pick your dog up and place him/her on the pee mat.
- Reward them with the treats when they pee on the pee mat.
- Do not scold them for accidents.
- After a period of 3-4 months take them down for a walk 4 times a day.