For some breeds this is a hard task. Why they won’t is a natural reason. It is mainly hard to train dogs which are street dog breeds or an adopted dog.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED-
- Pee mats
- Pee sprays.
- Harness (avoid collars for walks as it may hurt the dog) ( don’t put in collars at all for Maltese or Shitzu preferably for dogs with long hair because their fur gets knotted).
- Find an open space.
THINGS TO DO-
- Wait for your dog to start to pee on the floor then pick him/her up and put him/her on the pee mat.
- Then pick your dog up and place him/her on the pee mat.
- Reward them with the treats when they pee on the pee mat.
- Do not scold them for accidents.
- After a period of 3-4 months take them down for a walk 4 times a day.
Thanks so much Jaiveer. Super helpful for a new dog parent!
Raisa posted this but thanks for the feedback!
Raisa and J – well done!! We will certainly keep this in mind as we think about getting a new pup!
Thanks very much. Glad it helps!
Thanks😘 Please Check out our other posts.
[…] You should start training your dog the moment he comes home. When training your dog, your go. l is to get the dog to listen to verbal commands and do actions (eg, sit, roll over). With young dogs, you would want to start with the basics, like toliet training. […]
Hi. Why is would i know when my dog needs to go to the bathroom. Please update this. I cant believe you got google ads.
Thanks for letting me know.
Best view i have ever seen !
best i have ever seen !