Going on holiday? What do you do with your dog? Do you take him along or leave him with a friend? We’ll let you know how to find a good pet sitter in India.
How To Find An Amazing Dog Sitter?
It’s pretty easy to find a dog sitter nowadays. It’s generally better for you to find a pet sitter through people you know, such as you vet or trainer instead of you downloading an app and finding a pet sitter. In some cases, its best that you leave your dog with a friend who has a dog.
What To Ask Potential Sitters?
Once you have a few sitters, you will want to ask them a few of these questions. If the sitter finds any of these questions offensive, that’s an immediate red flag.
- What is your experience with dogs?
- Have you ever watched a dog similar to mine in size, etc ?
- What will you do if my dog gets injured?
- How long will my dog be alone each day?
- Where will my dog stay? Your place or mine? If it’s their place, go and check it out
- If my dog annoys you, what will you do?
What Information To Give The Sitter?
There is some of your dog’s information which you will want to share with the sitter.
What To Share?
- Dog’s name, age, breed and medical history
- Vet’s name and address
- Walking times
- Food Times
- Anything else the sitter asks for that is reasonable