You’ll want to start using pet wipes the day your dog comes home. You can use pet-wipes till your dog is 12 weeks old. When your dog is four weeks old, ask your vet if you can bathe him/her. If your vet approves, you can follow the guide below.
This depends, I bathe my Maltese once a week.
Ask your vet which shampoo to use. It varies breed to breed.
We recommend taking your dog to a groomer for the first time. Watch how the groomer bathes your dog so you know what to do.
Step #1: Cut
This is to make sure that your dog doesn’t grow too much hair. Also, we’ll cut off the hair near the eyes so that there is no hair blocking the eyes.
How To Cut:
- Identify knots, cut them off completely.
- Look near the eyes, if any hair is blocking vision partially or completely, cut it off. Be careful not to touch the dog’s eye with the scissor as this can seriously injure your dog.
Step #2: Water
Now, fill a tub with lukewarm water. Have a mug ready to bathe your dog. You could use a shower-head but make sure to turn the pressure down.
How To Wet And Shampoo Your Dog:
- First, gently wet the back of the dog. Slowly moving toward the head.
- Dogs don’t like getting water in their eyes, so try not to get water in your dog’s eyes.
- Rub in shampoo, only a little.
- Rinse it off.
Step #3: Dry
This is simple, just dry your dog with a towel then, a hair dryer.
Step #4: Present
Present your dog to your family and friends.
Featured Image: Jaiveer Talwar / The Pet Project